Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Two Fools? Oh, That's a Pub.

I don't have Internet service at my house yet so we have to go cruising for wifi every morning... Oh the sacrifices I make only for my adoring blog fans.

On Tuesday the day started as usual....with my neighbor, Rod, yelling some sort of greeting over the fence. He is outside most of the time so we see a lot of each other. After my fish chores...the Koi Pond requires attention twice a day...Donna and I went in to Bernalillo for coffee and wifi. Today was sort of a casual day. We did some unpacking and organizing so that there weren't so many boxes and piles of stuff all around.

I had to go get my bed springs/foundation thingy from the Denver Mattress place and I wanted to buy a couple counter height bar stool. We went into Albuquerque and had lunch at an Irish pup that I like a lot:  Two Fools Pub, on Central Avenue.  They have good food and a good beer selection. They also have a waitress wearing a kilt who is three days short of her due date. Kilts were not meant to be worn by pregnant women but she was doing the best she could. There were two guys (two fools?) sitting next to us having a deep conversation bad-mouthing just about everything from J. Edgar Hoover to the Catholic church. They were talking pretty loud so it was hard to miss some of the conversation. I tried but Donna homed in on it and was getting a little hot but they left before she did anything rash.

We went to the Furniture Row stores and I got two nice counter stools at a good price and then we picked up the bed springs and headed back to the house.

Our friends from Phoenix, Karia and Tom, were vacationing up by Santa Fe and were driving through Albuquerque on their way home. We connected with them and had a wonderful supper at The Range in Bernalillo (I got that trout again!). [Tom and Karia went to Italy with us for Oksana and Damiano's wedding...for those who have been reading this blog for a while.] The food and conversation were great. After leaving they followed us to the house and were my first house-party visitors....OK, not exactly a party but it was nice to relax and talk.

We ended the night sitting out and watching the sky....it is quite busy at night if you don't have too many lights or clouds in the way.

Sorry, no pictures today.


No comments: